The network equipment used in electric utility substations, and environments classified as HazLoc, are subject to tight regulations, numerous certifications and approvals. When it comes to integrating the copper and fibre cabling found in these highly distributed networks, a properly designed and certified Industrial Media Converter is required. To meet this need, the new Perle SRS Industrial Media Converters include:
- IEC 61850-3 and IEEE 1613 electric utility substation certification
- Numerous hazardous industrial location (HazLoc) certifications, including ATEX Class 1 Zone 2 and ANSI/ISA 12.12.01 Class 1 Division 2
- DIN Rail enclosure with Triple Power Input,
- Operating temperature support of -40C to +75C
- An on-board microcontroller which deals with error detection and recovery by continuously monitoring the status of the links connected to its transceiver ports
Perle SRS Industrial Media Converters include 15 models compatible with 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet and SFP, dual fibre ST/SC or single fibre SC/ST connectors.
For further details follow this link: https://www.perle.com/products/industrial-temperature-media-converters.shtml